- Awesome Excel tip #114 Aug 2018
- Subtotal activity for Gr 12’s (Afr & Eng)12 Aug 2018
- Matthew Hains selected as MIE Expert for 2018-20197 Aug 2018
- #365EduCAPETOWN and Minecraft6 Aug 2018
- Free poster for teachers- August 20181 Aug 2018
- Tech Teachers site, good news update!1 Aug 2018
- Nominate Matthew Hains for the Global Teacher Prize!24 Jul 2018
- Setup Squid with user authentication and restricted sites August 14, 2018Well my lab in the Western Cape isn't centralized yet (Thank goodness), but I've started experiencing some difficulties with my proxy server Freeproxy after a few users connect to the internet the proxy server fail to respond and I need to restart it. I decided to try out squid and got it running with basic […]
- The basic computer skills every teacher should have June 27, 2018Using a shared Google Sheets document, myself and anyone who had the link (from the CAT Facebook group) began to compile a list of computer skills that we thought every teacher should possess. Below is what was suggested. It is, at present, unedited. There are some basic skills and some...not-so-basic. Have a look and give […]
- Afrikaans Spell Checker April 21, 2018I need to get an Afrikaans spell checker for the network at school so that learners can check their PAT document for spelling errors. The only one I know about is WSpel but even if I manage to have it installed on the local PC's that the kids work on, I still haven't managed to […]
- Gathering data from MS Word Form? April 21, 2018If I create a form in MS Word and email that form to people. They fill it in, they send it back. How do I get the data from the form into Excel? AND, is this skill a requirement in CAPS?
- Theory: 3G/4G/LTE Technology March 13, 2018I have trying to teach my gr 12’s the difference between 3G and 4G/LTE technology The text book I use says it is generations of cellular technologies. I think this is incorrect as it is not cellular technologies but rather generations of Internet connections making use of cellular ISP’s. The reason I say this is […]
- Pause a script and then continue in Scratch? March 6, 2018I have a game I've made using Scratch. I want to be able to change the colour of the apple when it touches the basket. I created a second costume for the apple and it switches when it touches the basket. However, it's so fast that the user does not see it. How can I […]
- Exam Preparations for your learners February 25, 2018I would like to gather some information for some research I am doing. What do you do to help your learners prepare for their final exams, Theory and Practical? What tips do you provide to the learners?
- IEB PAT Topics for Grade 12 February 4, 2018Have the IEB PAT Topics changed from 2017? Thanks.