From an article entitled 25 Things Successful Teachers Do Differently by Julie DuNeen : I thought I would take one principle each week and see how I could apply it in my teaching and encourage other Computer Applications Technology teachers (or any subject for that matter) to do the same. I will share 21 of them on the Tech Teachers web site. The content is not mine but comes from the Te@chThought site but I have added my 2 cents worth where possible.
#5 A Successful Teacher has a positive attitude
Negative energy zaps creativity and it makes a nice breeding ground for fear of failure. Good teachers have an upbeat mood, a sense of vitality and energy, and see past momentary setbacks to the end goal. Positivity breeds creativity.
View other posts under the “A Successful Teacher” series
- A Successful Teacher has clear objectives 10/02/17
- A Successful Teacher has a sense of purpose 10/03/17
- A Successful Teacher is able to live without immediate feedback 10/04/17
- A Successful Teacher knows when to listen to students & when to ignore them 01/05/17
- A Successful Teacher has a positive attitude 10/06/17
- A Successful Teacher expects their students to succeed 10/07/17
- A Successful Teacher has a sense of humour 10/08/17