Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PAT Websites
Has anyone ever published the PAT websites of learners online (even if only for a little time)? They always ask me about it - "is my website online now?" - then I have to explain about web hosting etc. However, this might be a motivation for them to put a little more effort in - and a way for kids to show off their nice websites to family and friends. 

I know absolutely nothing about web hosting, but I'd love to know if anyone's ever done something like this - if so, what kind of costs will one have to look at and how do you get started?

Thanks in advance.
It would be really great to host their work on on a host that perhaps is free. It would be especially great if the sites were well-put together.

Matthew Hains
Tech Teachers
We did this with a blog when I was still studying. Enjoyed it, students where checking the user visits everyday. Will be great if we can do this with a website.
Bed Hons. Rekenaarwetenskappe RTT
NWU PUKKE

(07-10-2017, 20:30)ClaireS Wrote: Has anyone ever published the PAT websites of learners online (even if only for a little time)? They always ask me about it - "is my website online now?" - then I have to explain about web hosting etc. However, this might be a motivation for them to put a little more effort in - and a way for kids to show off their nice websites to family and friends. 

I know absolutely nothing about web hosting, but I'd love to know if anyone's ever done something like this - if so, what kind of costs will one have to look at and how do you get started?

Thanks in advance

If your school has a website it should be fairly easy to host additional HTML pages on the same domain.

Hosting is pretty cheap - Afrihost offers basic hosting from R39 per month (https://www.afrihost.com/site/product/linux_hosting). This will allow you to host HTML with ease. You would have to create a homepage with links to each Learner's "website".

I think it is a great idea!
Thanks! Fortunately, Ashraf Edross is helping me with a site where we're publishing the learner PATs. As soon as it's done I'll share everywhere. Think it will do wonders for the motivation of the learners!