Well, it’s done! My Quiz Scorer Application is complete! After many nested IF’s and ELSE’s I have a fully working application for us to use at our upcoming Inter-House Quiz evening.
It actually wasn’t that difficult – although I did have to ask a good Delphi guru for some input at the start! My challenge was planning it properly beforehand (which I did not really do, to be honest) and keep it simple. It’s a little rough around the edges but it works! 🙂
I have tried to make it as simple to use as possible by doing the following:
- Left-click the team logo to add a point
- Right-click the team logo to subtract a point
- Feature to change the number of points questions are worth
- Reset all scores to zero option
- Button to display current scores
- Button to display the final winner
What I added
- The actual school House logos for each team
- Automatically show the House winner and their logo on the Winner form
What I would still like to do
- Export the results to a CSV or Text File for storage.
- Add the school logo on the results page.
I will make the source code available in the Tech Teachers Shared Resources section for anyone who wants to take it and make it better or modify it for their school quiz activities!