For teachers who use the Study Opportunities textbooks for Computer Applications Technology (as I do), I have created an assessment for each module in the theory component for each grade.
What this means is that when you have finished a module, you can have the students take the assessment and it will help you quickly gauge whether the students have understood the module or not.
The files are all in MS Word format with editable text fields for the students to simply click and type in their answers (you can obviously print them out too if you want). They’re short tests ranging from 20 to 40 marks and take about half an hour to complete at most.
There is no ‘memo’ or answers provided. Why? Well, two reasons: you’re checking that the student has gained understanding and can relate in their own words their understanding of the concepts in the module – so to expect the answers to adhere to a set memo goes against that reasoning. Two, you as the teacher, should know the answers to these questions as they’re not complicated topics and the textbook and teacher’s guide have enough information for you to refer to. (Ok, I was also wanting to quickly provide these assessments for others and didn’t really have time to make memos! You can gladly make them and provide them for me to share with others!)
The files are automatically added below as they are posted each month.
If you don’t have or use the Study Opportunities textbooks, you can still use these modules as they’re questions based on the CAT content.
- Grade 11 Module 1.2 Input and Output
- Grade 10 Module 1.2 – Software
- Grade 10 Module 1.3 – Hardware
- Grade 11 Module 1.3 – Memory, Storage and Processing
- Grade 11 Module 1.4 – Storage
- Grade 10 Module 1.4 – File management
- Grade 10 Module 1.5 – ICT in perspective
- Grade 11 Module 1.5 – Computer Management
- Grade 12 Module 1.1 – Computers in our everyday lives
- Grade 10 Module 1.6 – Extended software concepts
- Grade 11 Module 1.6 – The dark side of computing
- Grade 10 Module 1.7 – Extended hardware concepts
- Grade 10 Module 1.8 – The impact of ICT
- Grade 10 Module 2.1 – Introducing networks
- Grade 11 Module 2.3 – Online lifestyle
- Grade 11 Module 2.4 – Managing email
- Grade 12 Module 1.4 – Software
- Grade 10 Module 2.2. – Network basics
- Grade 12 Module 1.3 – Hardware recommendations
- Grade 10 Module 2.3 – The Internet & the WWW
- Grade 12 Module 1.2 – Hardware Devices
- Grade 10 Module 2.5 – Safe Internet use
- Grade 12 Module 1.5 – System Software & Computer Management
- Grade 11 Module 2.2 – The browsing experience
- Grade 11 Module 2.1 – Local Area Networks
- Grade 10 Module 2.4 – Electronic communication
- Gr 10 – 12 CAT Practical Support Material